November Planting Tips
1st Week of November
- Shrubs and Trees
- Start to look at trees and shrubs for Christmas displays.
2nd Week of November
- Annuals, Shrubs, and Trees
- Remove your mums and clean up all annuals as they finish. Get ahead in the spring by cleaning leaves really well.
- Trunk wrap softwood trees, newly planted, and in high deer traffic to protect from frost cracking and deer damage.
3rd Week of November
- Lawns, Shrubs, and Trees
- Winterize your equipment, clean the mower decks, and sharpen blades. Add a fuel stabilizer to the tank and run the engine to get it all the way through the system.
- Hang deer bags on shrubs that look particulary juicy to deer and rabbits like Burning Bush, Weigelias, Roses, and Junipers.
4th Week of November
- Lawns and Perennials
- Finalize your leaf cleanups and cut the lawn down a little shorter the last time if you want to.
- Cut all roses back to 18 inches. We recommend covering with hardwood mulch.